Thread: DFRPG for kids
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 02:48 PM   #4
Dalin

Default Re: DFRPG for kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
How old are these "kids"?
How many sessions are they going to play?
Ages range from 11-14. Typically we have six 45-minute sessions. I encourage the GMs to focus on having one significant encounter with each session. I haven't plotted "I Smell a Rat" out carefully to see how it will fit, but ultimately it's not that big a deal. Lots of the groups continue playing on their own time once they get the game going.

I will definitely have the pregens from Delvers to Go available for students. In the past, most groups opted for pregens unless they knew the rules already. Even with D&D rules, some groups spent the first three sessions making characters, of course, but as long as they're having fun I don't intervene. (Some groups, in fact, seemed to spend all six sessions vociferously arguing about the rules, and appearing to have a blast while doing so. Early preparation for law school?)

With a less familiar game, I think most groups will dive in with the pregens. Plus, the pregens are pretty great. Might even create a few additional ones if I can find the time.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote