View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 08:44 AM   #5
Disliker of the mary sue

Default Re: Help me With a My little Pony Templates..and maybe some other help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAllister View Post
1. I don't think No Fine Manipulators is appropriate. They make everything from clothing to cider, for crying out loud: regardless of the fact that all they have is hooves and mouths, they get by just fine.

2. Do Earth Ponies and Pegasi have any Magery at all? I think not, actually. So I'd remove Magery from the general template, remove one of the IQ points from Unicorns, and replace it with "Unusual Background: can use magic [20]".

3. Equal-value lenses, maybe I'm just OCD, but give Pegasi a little disadvantage or something to even them up. Also Winged Flight is 40 - 25%, so 30, right? So maybe Winged Flight [30], DX+1 [20], Basic Speed +1 [20] and Basic Move +1 [5]. They're less good at DX-based skills, but they're faster by a nice margin.

4. There are more disads that are absolutely appropriate, Pacifism (Cannot Kill) at the mare minimum.

5. Why Regeneration?

6. I'd say cutie marks are something like 40 points that can be spent freely, within the bounds of the setting. Rainbow Dash, for example, has Enhanced Move 2 (at least) as her cutie mark, right?. Fluttershy, I'm thinking Animal Empathy [5], Empathy [15], and Wild Talent 1 (Emergencies Only, Reliable 6) [20]: if she can't whip out an otherwise-untrained Intimidate check with +6 when she needs to, then I'm baffled about how that thing with the dragon worked.

How do those look? It's been awhile since I saw the show, so.

1. Yeah perhaps...it just some weird part of me says using a weapon in the mouth would break teeth...

2. I'd argue that they have at least magery 0, they are inherently magical creatures but only unicorns can focus it. I heard theories that the reason pegsus can fly with small wings is because of magic.

3. perhaps, though the abilty to fly seems like a game changer enough to be expensive but again I don't know how gurps plays in practice.

4.yeah I thought about pacifism...it just for player charecters I assume they don't have that by default.

5. I was trying to represent the sort of difficulty to get hurt by pianos falling on them. Might not be the right advantage

6. that is an idea about cutie marks, though in the show they can be taken away and when they are they have no ability to do anything well.
Disliker of the mary sue is offline   Reply With Quote