View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 02:43 PM   #6
Parody

Default Re: classic arena rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magesmiley View Post
Parody is saying that rather than treating each 1/4" square on the maps in the books as 1" when drawing the arena on the map sheet, he used a different scale.
While true, I wasn't talking about that at all, just the difference between CWC and CW5 scales. :)

I should have directly addressed these overlapping questions about arena rules, though:

Will I have access to the special rules for playing in an arena, like the rules for banked turns?
Between the Compendium and the specific sourcebook, yes.

Will I have access to any special in-world rules for running a circuit?
The main set of those is Corporate Car Wars in L'Outrance. SPARK did something like that one year. Most of the time, though, our circuit duels are just "bring a Division X vehicle for play on map Y" without any special in-world rules.

How about real-world rules for running a circuit?
What SPARK has done for many years is assign points per duel based on position. For the last few years points have been based on the number of players in the duel: the winner of a 5 person duel gets 5 points, second gets 4, and so on down to last place getting 1 point. Ties split points and each person's lowest score of the year is dropped (so you can miss a duel without penalty).

Our previous scoring system gave first place 5, second 3, third 2, and everyone else 1 (the dreaded Pity Point). Again, lowest score was dropped.

In addition, we try to collect our house rules together so everyone knows those rulings. Ours are based on the CWRQ/ODQ, with a few changes here and there.

Hope that clarifies things. :)