View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 08:10 AM   #5
tbone

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Dungeon Planner

I left a few comments earlier in this thread. Short version: Simple but nifty and inexpensive product.

I imagine a lot of thought went into what to include or leave out. Should any other sort of form have been included? I suppose there could be a dedicated page to recap all the Rewards, as in the Rat book, but it doesn't seem particularly needed to me . . . The only other thing that comes to my mind is a form for key NPCs: something far shorter than a 4- or 2-page PC form, but with more space than a monster card. Say, a couple of NPC pages, with two big "cards" per page.

(That said, some dungeons won't have any key NPCs, of course, while others will have a dozen, so I can understand a suggestion of "just use the Notes pages".)

Then there's the idea I noted in the other thread: As the product is a journal, I think it'd be nice to see a dedicated space on the front cover to fill in the dungeon name (like the space adorning p. 2). Pretty unnecessary if you're just filling out one journal, but a GM filling out several will want to make them identifiable.

And here's a final pie-in-the-sky thought. It'd be kind of fun to see SJG sell filled-out Dungeon Planner journals - i.e., ready-to-play mini dungeons using the Planner format. Maybe that'd be a good area for new DFRPG authors to get some experience. Or a fun way to hold a "submit a dungeon" contest, with the winning submission becoming a product?

No particular reason why SJG should use the Planner format to publish dungeons. Just struck me as an interesting (?) idea.

Anyway. It's a good product to spur the creation process. I'll go for the Amazon POD version soon.

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote