View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 02:58 PM   #24
Otaku

Default Re: [Supers] Enter the Shadowguard - a Marvel Reboot Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
Bob wasn't an intentional cameo, or I wouldn't've had him commit suicide to avoid capture. Still, I suppose he could come back under more sinister circumstances.
I wouldn't bother unless the entire point is to make it clear he is not the Agent Bob. He doesn't sound like he behaved like the actual Agent Bob, possibly behaved as the opposite of Agent Bob. Though, given how generic "Bob" is as a name, having a high concentration of people named "Bob"
working as henches could be hilarious but believable. XD

Quote:
The more important cameo was Fred, though I can't say why due to spoilers. Suffice to say Hydra was paying well for silence; most other workers were just keeping their traps shut.
Cameo? Oh, I missed something. XP

Quote:
I was basing this version of Hydra off the "Corporate HYDRA" period, when a HYDRA faction in the comics were operating as an organized criminal syndicate under (IIRC) Silvermane's leadership. All I'll say about this Hydra is: yes, they are of Nazi origins (though they're not quite as fascist as the Nazis were), they're run in the shadows by a "Mr. Green", who himself answers to a "Mr. Red", and they have access to AIM laser weaponry. I don't dare give out more spoilers due to my players keeping an eye on the thread. o/`
Work's for me, but even under Red Skull, I think this kind of organization knows that money talks (or rather, keeps people from talking). ;) Try looking up how Cobra operated in the Marvel G.I. Joe comics (and at least initially in the Devil's Due run).
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote