View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Custom Power Investitures and Rune Magic

I'm not actually the best one to answer your questions on this stuff these days, but I'll give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekai View Post
1. Is there a way to make a custom Power Investiture and make your own list of spells that are affected by your level of said custom PI?
Yes.

But if it is for your own personal character, why bother? It's more effort than you'll get out of it, if you just take the appropriate Clerical spells and don't take ones that don't apply.

If it's for your campaign, you'll need to create a data file. That has some requirements, covered elsewhere. But you could pretty easily copy the "<~Clerical>" section of "[Spells]", delete all the spells that don't apply, and replace "Clerical" with your custom PI's name. Then you add Power Investiture to an [Advantages] section, add "(your custom PI's name)" as a name extension, and change the "CO:~Clerical" in gives to "CO:your custom PI's name".

If you aren't sure where to begin, I can even give you a sample GDF that does this for you, and all you'd need to do is a global search-n-replace, and trim the spell lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekai View Post
2. Actually, when I take the Rune Magic add-on off, I can't see a way to create a new spell at all. However, I see that there is a player-made list option. How do you make new spells now?

Thanks!
I'm not actually sure what you mean. Is there no longer "_New Spell (Clerical)" in your Available Spells? That will help you make a new spell that works with Power Investiture.

Or, add another spell of the right college, and just edit all the values for things until you're happy.

Armin