View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 08:50 PM   #20
Kalzazz

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

I admit, were I to personally run Star Wars (and I have, many times), I would use the West End Games D6 system for it

The WEG D6 system is of course full of its own (varying horrible) quirks and foibles just like any other system, but its all set and ready to go for running Star Wars . . . . . and I admit, the GURPS Spaceships line is fairly traumatic seeming to me . . . . I've read it, but I certainly have no grasp at all for how to use it, while I understand the WEG D6 Star Wars space combat rules very well, and people have statted an absolute plethora of D6 Star Wars ships online . . . . so well, if I run a campaign where space combat is a thing, it isn't GURPS

I definitely agree with cannibalization from multiple sources

GURPS Primus Republic / Bestiarii campaigns are 'I Can't Believe its Not Rome' pseudo Rome-esque knockoffs (the Bestiarii one in particular being Monster Hunters inspired). Using many things from DF and MH, and also, Apicius (the cookbook!)

GURPS Loincloths and Zombies - Stealing heavily from Myth the Fallen Lords and He-Man, with stuff stolen from Fall Out, Walking Dead, and Conan as well. Using many beasties from GURPS Zombies and also DF and MH.

Tanuki City USA is more or less, I'm not sure what the primary inspiration is, Sailor Moon and Resident Evil played a role definitely, but mostly is 'steal from everything as long as it isn't realistic or believable, suspension of disbelief is strictly forbidden'
Kalzazz is online now   Reply With Quote