View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 12:11 PM   #8
Skarg

Default Re: Ties for Initiative

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyPlenty View Post
You could flip a coin on the tie, then give the losing player the next tie automatically and just rotate from there.
You could, but this will be a change to the odds in situations where one side has an advantage giving them a modifier to their initiative roll (e.g. Tactics or Strategist talents).

In situations where there are only two sides and neither side has an advantage and so the odds are 50/50, you could just roll one die to start with. 1-3 player A wins, 4-6 player B wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Plambeck View Post
The new rule in Legacy ITL now has ties in adjDX resolved by giving the win to the side that won initiative. Not sure if I love or hate that, but it will save time and wear on the dice. It does make initiative more important, especially in larger battles, because it could have a ripple effect on several of the subsequent turns to act in the same turn. That's the part I'm not sure I like.
I'm sure I hate it, because it reduces uncertainty, I like rolling off when adjDX is equal, and most importantly, it produces a combat effect that can be fairly large, or nothing, depending on something unrelated (i.e. how many figures have identical adjDX).
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote