View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 08:44 AM   #119
naloth

Default Re: GURPS Supers Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDomain View Post
Pushing the skills higher would essenially mean pushing DX higher (point efficiency), that's why I avoided it. It reinforces that I should consolidate skills even further (aka broader combat skills) or even full on embrace Wildcard skills (no standard skills).
Wildcards can't do it all, but they can be a nice alternative to a group of themed skills. I figured that amazon combat training qualified at much as any other Martial Artist!*. At 12/level it's a bit of a break over buying up DX to improve DX related skills.

Martial Artist covers punching, kicking, grappling/throws, a half dozen (exotic) themed weapon skills (which for an amazon would be horse bow, shield, short sword, spear, and possibly lasso), as well as acrobatics, climbing, jumping, and stealth when used in combat. I'd also allow any horse riding or swimming rolls made for fighting (primarily so skill isn't reduced by your riding or swimming skills).

Freezing breath the rather interesting as well. My guess is that they decided you've paid for the damage as part of the underlying ST cost. My concern would be allowing any strong character to have a cheap ranged attack or augment their blows with cheap enhancements.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote