View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 12:48 PM   #43
Captain Joy

Default Re: Drinking During An RP Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
A proper drink selection also set the mood. A fantasy game call for mead or dark beer, with bread, cheese and sausages; sake with shadowrun, while vampire ask for beer or a fine red wine, and Cthulhu goes well with hard liquor or , alternatively, tea in fine china.
Likewise breaking out the rhum for an "at sea" episode, ...
I've done this as well. I want to try a dungeon fantasy game where potions are highly alcoholic and taste terrible. If your character drinks, you drink. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
As with everything, moderation is the key. And dont drink and drive.
Agreed 100% on the 2nd account, and almost always on the 1st. As a friend of mine was fond of saying, "Everything in moderation, including moderation."

As a player, I prefer drinking during light-heated or silly adventures, but not so much during cerebral or serious adventures. E.g. Always a drink in my hand during Dungeon Fantasy, maybe a drink during Star Trek.

As a GM, I find that after I’ve had few I’m: better at improv, more generous, less likely to keep track of things. In practice, it means I need to be well prepped ahead of time, so getting oiled up a bit does more good than harm.

Last edited by Captain Joy; 12-19-2017 at 08:36 AM. Reason: random errors
Captain Joy is offline   Reply With Quote