View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 04:08 PM   #5
wabishtar

Default Re: GURPS Vehicles: Steampunk Conveyances

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
With GURPS Vehicles: Steampunk Conveyances, the possibilities are endless"
*sigh* So when you say, "the possibilities are endless", what you seem to mean is, "The possibilities are 90% copied and pasted from GURPS Steampunk and Steam-Tech, just with the stats changed to the current system, something nearly any fan could have done on their own, given that both 3rd ed and 4th ed are based on real world measurements, and also we chose not to reprint most of the art of these vehicles, despite the fact that we already own it."

I'm sorry, I know these forums are supposed to be the "Rah, rah, go Steve Jackson Games!" section, but the potential customers should know that there's almost nothing new in here, to the point where it seems genuinely unethical for SJGames to represent it the way they are. The description doesn't even mention the fact that the book is an update to existing 3rd ed vehicles! If you have those books, don't bother buying this, and if you don't have those books, still don't buy this book. Buy the originals and do the conversion work yourself, you'll get a much more detailed description, more vehicles, and some award winning art that was left out of this for reasons I can't fathom.
wabishtar is offline   Reply With Quote