View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 06:24 PM   #177
TGLS

Default Re: [Game] Generate a Space Trader Setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Question 77 by Daigoro
Mid-jump, intruder alarms sound from the cargo bay. The jolting and jostling must've shaken the stowaway(s) from their hiding place. Who are they, how'd they get on board, where are they trying to go, and how will they plead not to be keelhauled?
From the logs of Captain Lars Kruger
November 8th, 3115 02:18 UTC
I have been awoken from my sleep by a sickly bending of metal and intruder alarms from the cargo bays. I hate Mondays.

November 8th, 3115 02:23 UTC
Navigator Marissa Keeler, has managed to seal the doors of the cargo hold before me or Chief Engineer Richard Sampat woke up. Or next move is to assess the damage we heard and find out what the unwanted guest has in store for us.

November 8th, 3115 02:43 UTC
We were heading through the cargo bays, between the corridors of crates stacked to as high as the ceiling, when a Kagoshi sprang out of who knows where and managed to get the jump on me. Luckily, Giang La was just around the corner, and disabled her with a well placed electrolaser. I left Giang to tie her up and place her in an unused room, while I met with Sampat to see what the deal with the bending was.

November 8th, 3115 02:53 UTC
Disaster! The bending is chronic damage caused by Keeler's jumping quirks. Any more jumps without reinforcement could lead to the ship tearing itself apart. I knew I should have hired a secondary jumper last November. Wait, that was a Monday too! I hate November Mondays. Oh, and look, Giang has his hands full in the spare room.

November 8th, 3115 03:37 UTC
By the time I reached the spare room, the Kagoshi had put Giang in a chokehold with her legs. Didn't any ever tell him that Kagoshi are incredibly flexible? Or that their martial arts work with the all the limbs? Or that when you tie somebody up you tie their arms and legs? Not wanting to replace the cargo operator and security guard at the same time, I was forced to handle the situtation diplomatically, instead of potentially electrocuting Giang.
The Kagoshi's name is Kai-Netsu. She was kidnapped from her colony by some Diverger Pirate/Slaver group. They were, surprisingly enough, next to us a week ago when we were in Neo Nanjing to trade beef. It figures that was only November Monday where everything was going right. Anyway, she didn't want to be sold as a slave (Obviously), and she managed to get away from the slavers. She picked our ship because it was nearby, and we were leaving the same day. And of course, she thinks we're crazy Humans, who want to keelhaul her, enslave her, or do some other nasty and illegal thing to her.
I don't hate Divergers, I really don't. But when they keep going around and ruining Humanity's good name, I get really angry. Anyway, I offered to drop her off at the next port provided she works her way there.

November 8th, 3115 03:53 UTC
Richard has news. In fact, this is a good news, bad news situation. Good news is that Keeler's jumping quirks aren't entirely responsible for the stress. My luck must be turning around, because the bad news is the ship is causing a stress on the structure, that could tear the ship apart anyway. Did I mention I bought the ship on a 3 years ago, on a Monday? Kai-Netsu says she has experience with welding, and Richard was quick to bring her into his repair scheme.

November 12th, 3115 16:53 UTC
Things are looking up. We've sold off all of the cargo (Giang might not be able to tie a knot, but he can sure sell), and have had the reinforced structure replaced. Kai-Netsu is talking about staying on and Richard keeps saying we need an engineer's assistant. So just to prepare for everything to fall apart in 3 days.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote