View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #27
Daigoro

Default Re: Question for and about those people who blog about GURPS stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
I like knowing who has GURPS-related blogs, but I don't need notifications of individual posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
A single thread in which people announced new (or newly discovered) blogs might be useful -- as long as people didn't start announcing every time they updated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotha View Post
Exactly the same for me. Advertise the blog itself, like in your signature, not the individual blog entries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
Without going back to re-read the thread, I think people overall agree with you there. If you start a new GURPS blog, it seems most forum members would welcome your creating a new forum thread to announce that, as well as later forum posts within that thread to announce new blog posts. As you say, those who aren't interested simply won't follow the thread; no hassle for them.

What many people don't want to see is a whole new forum thread for each new blog post. Lots of blogs x lots of blog posts would create a big mess o' forum threads.

That's my understanding, anyway. It also sounds sensible to me!
Some people might have been saying "no new threads for each post" but I read the above comments as referring to "no update announcements even in one thread".
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote