View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 02:42 AM   #130
Tomsdad

Default Re: Swords and plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
The heaviest I would have cut was also the oldest, according to a renovation website the standard gauge for that was between 2 and 3 millimeters, although that was mainly rust.

Most of it would have been thinner at .45mm or .609mm, 26 and 24 gauge, 0.018" and 0.024".
I forget to put that into the terms being discussed earlier. If we give the corrugated equivalent DR as RHA* (DR70/inch) 0.018" and 0.024" comes out at DR1 and DR2 when rounded**. Which is the lower end of the scale discussed and would be beaten by swung cutting attacks even with the various tweaks mentioned. And obviously due to the construction you don't have to worry about anything like the targeting chinks rule to be hitting that DR.

Sorry I originally had this as an edit of yesterday's post, but I have a bad habit of going back and adding stuff to older posts, and this is really the meaningful bit in terms of what we were discussing. So I thought it best to actually do a new post rather than add it on to something written yesterday!

*which is being possibly generous of course.

**its 1.26 and 1.68 respectively

Last edited by Tomsdad; 07-17-2016 at 07:07 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote