View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 08:59 PM   #27
Prince Charon

Default Re: Minor League Supers [Powers/Supers]

I have a team of characters who fit here, all being 100 points or less, and likely to die soon after their heroic careers begin, in the mid-1980s. I can post the actual character sheets if people want (though mostly they are works-in-progress, I've been working on them for a few years), but to save space, I'm just going to post summaries for now:

The Breakfast Club of Heroes

That's what they called themselves, after a recent movie that resembled who they were, and to a lesser degree, how they met. Rather than the school library, they were brought to the chemistry lab, and told to clean it. Frank and Luke were goofing around with the chemicals, Gennyfer was reading Cosmopolitan, and Laurie and Ethan were half-heartedly trying to clean (and ignoring Luke and Frank), while Ethan made a rather sad attempt at flirting with Laurie. Then a bolt of lightning came in thought the window, exploding bottles and bathing the five students in electrified chemicals. When they woke up in the hospital, they had powers.

Franklin Szustakowski, 'Kinetic Man,' 1985
Frank is a football player, as well as a self-taught armourer (skill 9 in making Body Armour) and fireworks maker (skill 10). He has Telekinetic Control 6, based on Will instead of IQ, and some useful Perks. Also, he's the one with a car. I think I posted a version of him in another thread, though I'm not sure which one.

Laurie Wittermeyer, 'Gizmogirl,' 1985
Gizmogirl is the team's Gadgeteer (and has Gizmos 3 and a Talent for psi-tech), despite not being the technical type before she got her powers. She's also a rather shy girl and a compulsive liar, as well as a pretty decent poet (skill 12). Tends to wear black all the time.

Ethan Mizner, 1985
Ethan hasn't picked a hero name as yet. He's a smart kid and a serious nerd, of the sort that you'd expect to be a gadgeteer, but is instead the team's hacker and illusionist (Data Retrieval 1, I/O Tap 1, Photorefraction 3, Hologram 3) - the former at least is consistent with his existing skills, before getting powers.

Gennyfer Saunders, 1985
Gennyfer hasn't picked a hero-name yet, but is determined to be one. She's very much a girly-girl, though she did take up martial arts training before getting powers (she liked the look of some of the male students). Her power seems to be self-directed Psychic Healing, with slightly enhanced strength, Unkillable 1, Regeneration (Slow), and Recovery. She's likely to grow rather more powerful over time (the 2019 version of her that I'm working on has Unaging and is much, much stronger and harder to injure, but is too powerful to fit in this thread, being over 1,000 points).

Luke Henderson, 1985
Like Gennyfer and Ethan, Luke has yet to come up with a hero name. He's a rather thuggish boy, the oldest on the team, who prefers not to admit that he has a fascination with medicine, as he's sure he's not smart enough to become a doctor; nonetheless, he's the team's First Aid guy. Powerwise, Luke is the lucky one (Adjustment 6, Second Chance 1), but is also the team's Weirdness Magnet. His father, who knows about his powers, is helping him to customize his motorcycle.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote