View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #27
Nosforontu

Default Re: Power-Ups for RPM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Or that touch you.
Actually it says you and people or things that you are carrying. I prefer your ruling a bit more though and it would go a long way of offsetting my concerns for the price.

[QUOTE=Ghostdancer;1662427]Keep in mind you could also buy Natural Caster at 15/level so if you concern is a boast in Path levels it is still not being addressed.[QUOTE=Ghostdancer;1662427]

Natural Caster is why I am thinking that 20 points a level base line with a base radius of effect "you and everything you are carrying" might be slightly overpriced at 20 points a level when it modifies fewer skills, and then only for energy accumulation

Quote:
The thing with a Place of Power is that they stack with everything else and others can use them. That's huge. You'd need IQ+1 (Area Effect, 2 yards, +50%; Affects Others, +50%) [40/level]
Correct

Quote:
or Natural Caster +1 (Area Effect, 2 yards, +50%; Affects Others, +50%) [30/level] to achieve that same effect. So no, 20/level is about right and works great.
Almost correct Area of effect for Mana Enhancer begins with essentially area of effect [Personal] everything you are carrying, the first level of area of effect [50%] only gives a radius of 1 yard. You need another level of Area of effect to bump it up to two yards for a 100%, which I believe kicks the math up for identical levels of area of effect to 40 poins a level, though it would only be 30 points a level to affect characters within range to touch the Mana Enhancer.

If RPM changes Mana enhancer to being touch based rather than everything I am carrying I think it shifts the math enough to work for RPM a lot better.

Last edited by Nosforontu; 10-15-2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: bad quoting... bad bad quoting
Nosforontu is offline   Reply With Quote