View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 08:17 AM   #42
robertsconley

Default Re: Future support for TFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
Agreed; the core rules of the game line should not be opened up for a bunch of monkeying around in the semi-official, semi-regulated world of W23 publications.
(shrug) even if it did, as long as the three sets of core rules are available it will wind up like the OSR. Some playing RAW, some adding a little, some modifying a lot.

Like classic D&D, TFT stats are so basic that even if one's campaign is wildly different as long as I am still telling you that the characters have ST 11, DX 16, IQ 11, materials will still be useful for hobbyists devoted to RAW.

Frankly what needed at first is adventure, setting, and supplement that show how to make TFT work in a campaign not rules supplement that focus on expanding or altering the system. So I don't have an issue of limiting scope of the license to produce that kind of material.

Eventually to diversify TFT that will need to be relaxed but for now from reading the vintage copies I have there is more than enough to do all kinds of different styles of fantasy roleplaying campaign.
robertsconley is offline   Reply With Quote