View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 12:05 AM   #105
JLV

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip

I have to say I'm with Skarg on this one -- it seems to me that oversimplification would harm the system just as much as over-complicating it would.

TFT was pretty darn close to my sweet spot for pretty much everything that it did. Some tweaks -- like adding new talents or spells, updating equipment lists, unifying/reorganizing the XP system, adding an index (MANDATORY*) and much better Table of Contents, and LOTS more fun stuff like Cidri background, adding recommended stats for the Mnoren as a "monster" species, putting together splat books a la Land Beyond the Mountains (though without the annoying and childishly bad puns), THOSE are the things I'm hoping for! Lots of Splat Books (go ahead; you can dual-stat them for GURPS AND TFT! (Oh, and a great GM screen!) (And more ADVENTURES!)

* The good news is that the Fantasy Master's Codex already does a lot of the hard work on that front in terms of digging out the relevant entries; though I don't think Metagaming could have chosen a worse form of presentation for the info. Of course, now you'll have to double-check all those page numbers and get it into a modern computer system for easy updating and layout...

Last edited by JLV; 01-06-2018 at 12:14 AM.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote