View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 08:31 AM   #16
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: December 2, 2017: Triplanetary Kickstarter Delayed to January 2018!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
Perhaps for the next time ... although it would be nice if you would get back to offering international options on KS.

Edit: As an aside, I also can appreciate that offering a KS option with shipping that amount to doubling the item price may be counter-productive as people unaware of shipping costs would likely complain...
This is really the crux of it. When I did my own most recent product - and it's a book, not a game . . . games are far worse for shipping - the ONLY way I could really offer international product was to not ship the same book.

I had to make a separate print run through DriveThruRPG for my 20 or so international orders. These print in the UK, and so shipping to the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc was $5-8. To ship the books that should arrive today (my International backers already have their copies; my US backers will get 'em next week) would cost $30 for a book that was $20 retail.

International shipping is simply a dog's dinner and there's no way around it unless you move enough to deliver entire pallets from place to place. Even then it's no picnic.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote