View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 01:29 AM   #37
MikMod

Default Re: Using an Illusion's Senses

Quote:
Originally Posted by zot View Post
illusions see the world objectively (page 137, 8th para of "Creation Spells")
I'm sorry, but that paragraph does not say that illusions see the world in any other way than the spell caster thinks it already is.

I'm just working off the (stated) general rule here. The rule specifically under illusions. Illusions only 'know' what the wizard 'knows'. "It's effects are the product of the wizards mind". Sure, you can see through its eyes, and you will see what you think you will see. For me and my campaign this works very well and provides a reasonable and RAW limit to a spell which is already arguably the most powerful spell in TFT.

I agree the statement about a 'useful' scout contradicts this, but that's not the only problem with the rules, and as per other grey areas I have had to house-rule a clear answer. For me, the general principle of illusions only knowing what the wizard knows and acting and behaving in that way appears to be the best resolution.

Otherwise an illusion is no different from a summoning, except it can be disbelieved, and there are a ton of situations where there isn't anyone to disbelieve. It's already OP, let's not add to that?

Last edited by MikMod; 07-09-2019 at 01:39 AM.
MikMod is offline   Reply With Quote