View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 09:55 AM   #29
Bruno

Default Re: GURPS DF / DFRPG Random Dungeon Generator

[QUOTE=Rasputin;2187403]Very nice, though having the default size being 50 pixels/yard is hard to handle at first until you realize you can tweak it. It's still big for a default, however, especially after using drow's D&D versions for years, as I assume most of us have.

I defaulted to 50px as that's a good size for downloading for playing online, and about 80-90% of people don't actually fiddle much with settings. I'm aiming to have it saved with the defaults (if your browser supports the saving feature, I'm not sure how many do).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
[*]Monsters from DFM3 and Pyramid.
We actually have a large number of monsters entered, but we're currently showing the subset from DFRPG. I'm intending to add a ticky-box to switch between the lists.

Quote:
[*]Caverns, mines, and other non-clean maps.
I'm interested in this, but fractal generation is actually very different, and distorting the boundaries instead is something I need to look into. It's not so much on a "TODO" as "TODO: Investigate whether I can do"

Quote:
[*]Special details about the entrance(s), and ability to specify how many. These are often hidden and terrain-dependent.
Good idea.

Quote:
[*]Ability to specify certain features of the dungeon, like light or mana. Spell-casting monsters won't hang out in low-mana dungeons, while monsters with Infravision or Dark Vision won't have lights.
We actually intend to improve such that either the dungeon picks appropriate monsters (for the mana) or adds notes about intelligent monsters having light sources when they don't have a way of seeing in the dark. Changing the light level to dark if you get a bunch of dark-adapted monsters will result in many things about the dungeon being shuffled, however, including the monsters, so I'm not sure that's going to do what you want.

Quote:
[*]Wandering monsters keyed to rooms on the map. As in, that as-Sharak comes from room 6, so if you encounter it and kill it, room 6 will have one less as-Sharak.
Right now they're definitely not "from" a given room. I like the idea, but it might be kinda tricky.

Quote:
Ability to tweak how often one shows up, though this is easily pencilled in (frex, I use 6 or less with a clue on 7 if moving, but I check every 10 minutes).
We're using the rules for wandering monsters from the DFRPG.

I'm not sure I understand the suggestion. Can you show a worked example?

Quote:
The random hallway features from the original.
There are no random hallway features from the original that I have omitted. The code base that drow released for free is not the modern version you can use on his website, it's a much older one. So that's all things I have to reinvent (which may or may not happen depending on my ability).

(EDIT: If you mean like traps and things in hallways, though, that is on the list yes)
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote