View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 07:01 AM   #45
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Default Re: Compendium of Kromm Quotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_wilson View Post
Not gonna happen. As it has been explained to me, these forums are primarily a marketing tool for the publisher and have to be policed accordingly. They cost money rather than make money, and time spent adminning the forums takes the admins away from their day jobs doing things that do make money, like MUNCHKIN. They've already trimmed back on the forum diversity 2-3 times in the last 4 years, I just don't see them engaging another no-money project that will require monitoring of hundreds of articles for vandalism and spam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJA View Post
Quite not true, as i am sure that (originally) GURPSnet and later the Forum take a big part in sales!

I for sure would already long time have forgotten GURPS without them!
This way, i bought lots and lots stuff - mostly things i will never realy use.

Just because of the forum!
And a WiKi would prove to be benefitial too, i am sure!
TJA, I think you're making Jeff's point. The forums is a marketing tool. It worked on you in that respect anyway. But no one is paying to use the forums. Thus, the forums themselves only cost money. But it can still be an effective marketing tool.

I wouldn’t have bought as much GURPS stuff if I didn’t have this place to hang out at, especially now when most GURPS stuff is published as pdfs, and it would have been less likely that my interest in the system would have survived without new products. Even though I think it is the best system I’ve ever used, with such excellent products as GURPS Vehicles.
Dragondog is offline   Reply With Quote