View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
robkelk
Untitled

Default Possible "pull quotes" for upcoming Superiors books

Yes, I'm an optimist; I'm assuming that there actually will be more Superiors books. (Aren't we all? <g>)

One of the things that the SJGames layout artists appear to like is "pull quotes" - a sentence or very short paragraph that can fill what would otherwise be white space. Here's a thread to suggest some pull quotes

Contributions are welcome - I've only got pull quotes for major Archangels so far, and not many quotes at that.

Janus

Any idiot can make a bike go fast, but getting decent speed out of a cow requires skill.
– Moe Lane, The Great Cow Race of 2003

Jean

Thunder is good, thunder is impressive, but it’s lightning that does the work.
– Mark Twain

How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, “This is better than we thought! The universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed.”
– Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot: A Vision Of The Human Future In Space

Jordi

The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man’s.
– Mark Twain, letter to W.D. Howells, 2 April 1899

Marc

Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.
– Proverbs 23:5

Novalis

For no one is so senseless as to choose of his own will war rather than peace, since in peace the sons bury their fathers, but in war the fathers bury their sons.
– Croesus, king of Lydia

For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
– Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.
– Proverbs 16:32
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote