View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 08:24 AM   #40
Otaku

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#51): Extra Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowrie View Post
Projectile, it's purpose was for grappling and there isn't a canonical way to grapple with a striker. I did give it a limitation 'Grappling Only, -40%' that I got off someone else's projectile tongue build here on the forums, though. Was your striker build capable of grappling, and if so, how did you price the addition of that capability?
Nope, didn't think about using it for grappling. The character in question - Spring Heeled Jack - was the one time I was tasked with playing nemesis to the rest of the group. He was not only a ridiculously strong archmage but - because of how the game developed - he originally had been a bouncing/stretching (and eventually shapeshifting) super. So he could grapple at range using his limbs, but the nasty trick was being able to shift and stretch his tongue into an impaling striker.
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote