View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 08:18 PM   #23
Otaku

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#51): Extra Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf View Post
I suppose if the limb is +1SM would the Arm ST be entitled to a -10% discount?
Hm... I need to think about that myself. In part, because I was interrupted reading this thread, really want to respond to something posted earlier, but didn't want you to think I hadn't seen your post (since you quoted me... though that might be because it was the OP).

So, what I wished to address is the discussion about octopuses... it is something I thought had been suggested, but I can't find it now and I'm not sure if there was a RAW argument against it or not.

So, if a creature has X amount of arms but, mechanically, they function as or close to Y amount of arms, and X>Y, could that just be written off a Special Effect, or accounted for with a Limitation? I mean, if X<Y for the same scenario, so that a creature with fewer arms somehow managed to function as if it had Extra Arms, I'd expect to pay accordingly.
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)

Last edited by Otaku; 02-06-2018 at 09:56 PM.
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote