View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 03:33 PM   #3
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Converting Midville, the truck stop, etc, into City Blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Goodwin View Post
I've had this weird persistent buzzing thought for a while, about hacking the included maps into 8" x 8" squares. Most likely it would be cutting them up in software and exporting them to squares. Has anyone done anything like this?

For the truck stop, I'd likely just cut out the interesting bits, because the rest of it can more or less be recreated with the arena blocks.
I didn't do it with a pack-in arena, but I did do it with Tilkendröm, my wooden 3D arena. It's...hit or miss. You need a real good way of keeping the map pieces together as a single coherent object when you're trying to play the game, without introducing lumps/etc for the cars to catch on.

I need to recut the malevolent MDF monster, speaking of...what I have [a catch fence that forms a solid 'box' for the tiles to go in, "Don't Break the Ice!" style] isn't bad, but the joints are too sloppy, giving it more play than I'm happy with. The small size of the tiles is great for fitting in an 18-gallon tote, but also means lots of seams...if it spreads across 2 tables and they're not even, that creates ridges, so need to address that too.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote