View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 09:33 AM   #9
TheOneRonin

Default Re: Torn Victor [Recruitment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
I'm not brand new, I'm just not as familiar as I'd like to be. Put it this way, I'm not in first grade, but I'm definitely not in eight grade. I'd consider myself in fourth grade. I have the Basic Set, so that should help.
Oh, that should be plenty good enough! Still, the other books I mentioned are good supplements, and are worth picking up. You should be able to manage with the Basic Set, though.

Quote:
I am thinking of playing a gadgeteer who specializes in intelligence and support. She builds things and she fixes things. She can shoot and defend herself, but her forte is support.
That sounds like a good concept. Keep in mind, there is a template that everyone will use, and the entire team is going to be VERY capable in combat.

Right now the base template has DX 13, Combat Reflexes, Guns (Rifle) DX+3, Karate&Judo at DX+1, and some combat techniques and perks as part of the base build.

These are capabilities that people completing the CIA SAD training pipeline will have, regardless of their specialty.

Take a look at the Wiki page for the CIA Special Activities Division. That should help you get a good idea of the backgrounds and capabilities you can expect from the members of SAD.

To add to that, this particular team is going to be specially selected agents for their skills and backgrounds, so they will be above and beyond the average SAD Officers. So even your tech expert should be able to clear a room and Mozambique Drill a tango.
TheOneRonin is offline   Reply With Quote