View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 01:45 PM   #1
TheOneRonin

Default Torn Victor [Recruitment]

Greetings all.

I'm looking at starting a Modern Espionage/Action game set in our current time/TL (circa 2016).

The characters will be a team of Paramilitary Officers from the US CIA Special Activities Division with diverse cultural and technical backgrounds.

They will be tasked will hunting down and dismantling terrorist organizations across the globe, and will have the training, capabilities, equipment, and support to do so.

I'm shooting for a fairly realistic game, but I will be using several cinematic switches, especially for melee combat.

The actual characters will be very high point value agents with 15+ years of military and/or intelligence work with varied backgrounds, language skills, and cultural familiarities.

Here are the links to posts with the templates and lenses for the game:

If you are familiar with Kromm's Secret Agent campaign, you'll have an idea of how I'm going to approach character creation.

My primary focus is going to be action, stealth, and espionage. I hope to make this a fast moving and exciting game with lots of challenges, but also a lot of opportunities for the characters to really flex their muscles.

My plan is to limit it to 4 - 5 active players at any given time. If there is more interest than that, I will pick the players by whomever brings the most interesting and genre-fitting character description to the table. If you submit a character idea and don't make it into the game, I'll make sure you are on the back-up list in the event that someone drops.

I'll be making extensive use of High Tech, Martial Arts, Tactical Shooting, and Technical Grappling, so make sure you are familiar with the rules in those books.

My plan is to run this as a complete single mission. If we all have fun and are interested in more, this can easily turn into a full campaign.

Also, feel free to use this as a Q&A thread for questions about the game. I'll post more detailed character creation rules once I get more interest.

Last edited by TheOneRonin; 01-04-2015 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Adding links to templates and lenses
TheOneRonin is offline   Reply With Quote