View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 10:10 PM   #8
Tim Kauffman

Default Re: Another infantry thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
Art has varied, as art has a tendency to do when you don't sit on it very carefully. The intent is that regular infantry in Ogre can jump short distances. Clearly they cannot jump a whole hex, because they cannot jump over rivers or craters. But they spurn lesser obstacles beneath their rockety little boots.
The boots...of course! As techy as those powered Battlesuits are, they could easily have some sort of gyrostabilizer working in tandem with them and not be as bulky as a jetpack on the back. Now it all makes perfect sense. Hurray for nitpicking the minutiae. :)

I luv the varied artwork. Leaves some wiggle room for the imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
Good point. Maybe little Moon-walk bounding across the hex instead of trudging...
haha...that should be a Victory animation for the squads that survive if they Xed the last enemy target.

...body surfing just to show-off would be kinda cool too. Maybe have that as a Marine Infantry maneuver.

But seriously folks, I do like the sound of the marching infantry and the sloshing through the swamp. That was a very pleasant surprise to hear.

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 10-12-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote