View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 12:20 PM   #30
Plane

Default Re: healing/regeneration and non-surgical bullet/arrow expulsion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
The way I see it, Regrowth is a very expensive advantage, so much so that most people consider it considerably over-priced
Funny thing is P71's Regrowth (Reattachment Only -50%) [20] is actually more expensive than P52's Independent Body Parts (Reattachment Only -50%) [18] yet and it takes 1 minute of holding the limb in place either way, unless you have Regeneration, which speeds up Regrowth's reattachment but not IT:IBP's.

To get 1-second reattachment w/ regrowth needs Regeneration (Fast) whose 50 pt cost could be reduced by 40% to 30... so that's a sum of 50 points, 15 points costlier than IBP (RO -50% IRA+50%) [35]

IBP also seems better despite being cheaper since it gives the limbs a separate HP score and injuries to them don't carry over to you like they do with Regrowth.

Not really sure why they built reattachment into IBP at all, would've been a lot less confusing if they just said to buy RG:RA separately for that benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
The advantage says 'limbs and organs',
so I see no reason it shouldn't allow regrowth of damaged or destroyed skeletal muscles, bones, tendons, etc. as well
even when a limb isn't completely gone.
At its core it's the ability to recover from permanently crippling injuries,
so whether or not the crippled limb is gone or not shouldn't matter.
B59 does distinguish between crippled limbs and LOST limbs, so Healing w/ Affects Self could cover that ground.

Regeneration boosts Regrowth to where a destroyed limb can be regained in the same time as Temporary Crippling (B422: until HP is back to 100%) but otherwise, Regenerationless Regrowth takes a lot longer...

1d+1 or 2d+2 months is longer than the 1d months a Lasting Crippling would take so I guess there wouldn't really be any benefit in that situation, so it's likely we're exclusively talking about it allowing "permanent crippling" to be recovered in slightly longer.

P71's "avoid or recover" ... any idea which of those B422 would be? B79 under Rapid Healing mentions "see if you can get over" so I'm thinking "recover" in which case "avoid" must be situations where crippling can occur through an avoidable means, like perhaps to resist Affliction (One Arm) or Innate Attack (Side Effect : One Arm) ?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote