Thread: Ideas for Yrth
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 05:55 AM   #29
Michael Cule

Default Re: Ideas for Yrth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf23k View Post
Another idea I had was creating more ancient ruins, dating back to the dawn of Elven civilization, and perhaps older still, with the suggestion that the Elves are the last remnant of a far older Magi-Tech civilization, who may or may not have been human spellcasters (in a nod to the old Pyramid Magazine Elves: a study in Transhumanism.)
I had some remnants of the first civilization on Yrth buried deep beneath Tredroy and occasionally stirring.

They had been inhuman invaders who arrived in time to modify the proto-human species they found into agriculturalists (gnomes), industrial workers (dwarves) and house slaves (elves).

The arrival of the dragons from elsewhere (I never clearly tied it down but they were probably from another timeline) led to the war that devastated the Ancient's civilization and allowed the servant species to liberate themselves.

It was the elves and in particular the forebears of the Dark Elves who used Ancient tech to modify some of their own species into the Orcs. This guilt is kept a deep, dark secret.

Until PCs come along, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
Another possibility for Yrth would be the death of the Demon Emperor. Let this lead to a struggle to rule and reform Meglos. This could lead to anything from civil war to reformation. The PCs should play important nobles who'd be in a place to make a difference for good of ill.
I would tend to make the PCs commoner 'Agents of the Emperor'. Perhaps headed by a noble who for some reason isn't a threat to the Emperor. Shades of Miles Vorkosigan, Imperial Auditor?

Last edited by Michael Cule; 10-15-2020 at 06:00 AM.
Michael Cule is offline   Reply With Quote