View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #5
Mailanka

Default Re: [Basic] Skill of the week: Armoury

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Well, either Armoury is unusually uninteresting, or I was overly thorough in running down references, and didn't leave much for anyone else to say.
More the latter. I used it a ton, but you already stated what we used it for. Though I will say I've never seen a character who really centered on it, or watched someone pump it up and have other people jealous of him, as I've seen with some other skills. It's not that it isn't useful (a gadgeteer could make some serious use out of it), just that it doesn't seem something people want to really focus on. And in games where people might want to focus on it, you're more likely to see Engineer! than to see, say, Armoury (Heavy Weapons)-20.

EDIT: Though now that I reread your post, I notice you've missed a serious use of Armoury! And I only notice it because I've been tinkering a lot with spaceships. It's the skill you use for repairing vehicular armor and vehicular weapons. This means it's the skill used for repairing certain parts of a starship. Furthermore, an engineer can temporarily boost the output of engines. Now, this has nothing to do with Armoury, but you do this by using the repair skill of the engine (so, like, Mechanic(Subwarp drive) or whatever). If you wanted to have something similar with weapons, like "Overcharge the phasers and FIRE!" then you'd probably use the Armoury (Heavy Weapons) skill. No such rule exists, but I think it would be relatively easy to create a house rule, using the overcharged engines as a model.

Last edited by Mailanka; 07-07-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Mailanka is offline   Reply With Quote