View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 09:16 AM   #7
Refplace

Default Re: Alternate Morph advantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
That's if you believe that a meta-trait could fit in a slot. You also have to add "physical and mental" to Modular Abilities since normally it only allows mental abilities.
Thats true about the modifiers needed. Good catch, I wasn't looking at his math.
I see no reason not to allow Shapechange in a MA, but normally what your doing is allowing the traits you get rather than the advantage to change. So things like claws, extra body parts, flight, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
That's true. Maybe this isn't cheaper after all...
For full Morph? Not after a certain point. Morph is basically MA with some inherent drawbacks but your paying a large upfront cost for the ability to change (Morph) in return for only 1 for 1 in granted traits (Pool cost).
So it has a huge startup but is cheaper than MA at a certain point, just as Alternate Form has a lower starting cost but around 6 or 7 forms is more expensive than Morph.

Other options are alternative abilities, which are cheaper than MA in the beginning but more expensive at a certain point. Probably point cost in a slot * number of multiples of abilities that add up to full cost.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote