View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 03:22 AM   #13
swordtart

Default Re: The most efficient body type RE: fuel?

My campaign is based in Florida. Because Florida has historically plenty of fruit and cane sugar production (and there is no reason the grain blight will have affected that at all) I have argued it also has a healthy ethanol fuel production (Xethanol* even has a facility making bio-fuel from citrus waste). As a result of cheaper "gasahol" there is a healthy Gas burner market as well.

Even the dreg gangers can home brew and distill fuel for their vehicles (from oranges or sugar stolen from remote groves) meaning I have a steady supply of baddies whose vehicles have good acceleration (but poorer top speeds) and that can live off-grid. Drinking their fuel gives them a reason to be usefully deranged. When their vehicles are hit, they often burn which also reduces the salvage inflation in the campaign.

The conversion rules between ethanol and gasoline ICs costs and fuel economy are pretty straight forward and only need a couple of lines in RASG 4 to explain. I am not sure how much more coverage you would really need. You might as well hand wave it for the majority of play.

* At the time I wrote the campaign Xethanol was at the height of the hype on cellulose ethanol production. This didn't turn out to be quite true, but if Pan AM can be in Bladerunner, I can have bankrupt companies in my 2035 campaign ;)

Last edited by swordtart; 11-07-2017 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Full Disclosure
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote