View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 02:18 AM   #1
scc

Default [Space] Changes to the Wordbuilding Sequance

OK, I'm getting back into some stuff, hopefully, and I was looking over some stuff, and I've thought that the world design sequence could do with some tweaking for some time and I thought I'd air my thoughts with the rest of the hive, to see if they've got any suggestions.

1) A pre-designed world should be limited to basic type but no details, otherwise Steps 21 and 22 get too complicated.

2) Step 29 should be done before steps 26-28. Why? Sometimes the results from Step 29 give a moon or even planet of minimum molecular weight retained of a larger size object, which can be pretty important.

For example I have a planet in a multi-star system I'm working on, a Standard (Garden) world, that for some reason ended up with 4 moons (Don't ask, I can't remember). It's fourth moon (The inner most) is Small(Rock) with a Black Body Temperature of 287.72, density of 0.7 of Earth, and a diameter of .83 of Earth, this means it's MWWR is 9.85, well into Standard territory, so it should probably be a Garden world
scc is offline   Reply With Quote