View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 08:58 AM   #75
Donny Brook

Default Re: Comment my megacorporation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonsua View Post
1. So its better not to patent it to keep secrecy, okey.
Realistically that still leaves problems around secrecy. Presuming they are actually selling ultratech products or services as their business, the great majority of them will need safety authority and/or regulatory approval.

Quote:
2. About thirty years.
Okay, but FYI, patent protection in the U.S. is 20 years.

Quote:
3. I will lower it to $13,00[0, which I think to be the minimum for a high qualified professional.
You don't need to pay receptionists, office cleaners, admin assistants, bookkeepers, interns, lab assistants, truck drivers, night watchmen, etc. the rates of highly qualified professionals. If you do, you will run into issues around heirarchical expectations.

Quote:
4. Governments and financial companies. Maybe I will just create two kinds of shares, with the leader being supervoting ones.
Some more questions then: When did they become participants (particularly, before or after the merger, all in one sort of offering or over time)? What were the reasons for seeking them as shareholders, and what are their reasons and expectations for joining? Can you be more specific about the share percentages they hold?

Quote:
5. About sixteen years ago. The pre-merger valuation could have been about 120 billions total (30 billion dollars each).
Need clarification (though perhaps some will come from the questions above). I sounds like the lines of credit were secured around the time of the merger. You didn't say who provided them or how they were obtained (noting that the value of the company immediately after the merger seems to have been $120B, what revenue evidence/expectations supported the loan applications) . Also, hundreds of billions could be 200 or 900, can be you be more specific? Finally, how much remains outstanding on them, and what is/was the average of the carrying interest rate?

Quote:
6. Yes, thats what I thought. Could they do that with supervoting shares, or they need to own an specific share of equity?
A simple majority of votes could effect a compulsory buy-out. If you have a supervoting share structure, proving you are being fair to the minority being forced out will be more rigorous. But another snag for realism is the nature of your minority holders. Governments and banks would be sophisticated investors who would probably have sought agreements to protect them from the whims of the majority of supervotes. Or they may have rejected a supervoting structure entirely.

Quote:
7. How would you use the White Queen?
If I was a person or entity that is a viable rival, I would look at how I could induce WQ to mismanage over time leading to eventual critical business failures, possibly through faulty information or subtle problems with the algorithms.

Quote:
*The first level is the general one, for warehouses, hospitals, offices, factories, stores, etc. The second one is the research one, for laboratories and such.
Is this kind of split provided for or meaningful in the Boardroom and Curia rules?

Oh, and BTW, I think getting into a physical war with the nations of the earth will tank your markets and business prospects. And why would you. Just go to a poor archipelago state and cut a deal for what you need. Going to war against your customers seems impractical.

Further edit: How do you propose to keep your secrets with 2400000 employees?

Last edited by Donny Brook; 01-11-2019 at 09:15 AM.