View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #79
Agemegos

Default Re: [OOC] The Starship 'Fritjof Nansen'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurrell View Post
Challenging. PC's of eight is a lot all at once. And I don't like designing in a vacuum.( Not that negotiating roles would necessarily be any easier.)
Yeah. Now we get to do the thing of generating a team four times over. Yugh! Everything else is pretty tight, but we still have to sort out why these four characters among the thirteen Survey bods are consistently together doing fun stuff when Adventure Happens. I know you won't want to make fundamental changes to the Rav Dr. Dayan, and I guess that sir_pudding is dialled in pretty close in that his Survey character has to be the Intelligence bubba. If Rudra Whatisrama were the chief Planetary Scientist and Dayan were the Chief Social Scientist that would make the PCs the senior echelon in Survey and naturally associated.

Quote:
Of the eight; I had three I really liked, three I thought were solid, and two I felt were just completing the assignment. I got two of the three I liked (and I knew I couldn't get all three) plus I get Bear? I'm happy. And I see some interesting characters in other hands as well.
Bear is a consolation prize (not a boobie prize) for having to play one of Luke's character suggestions. I wonder what I'm going to have to give Luke as consolation for having to play his brilliant cliché-busting captain as First Officer, and his Dean of Survey as Ambassador. I hope he likes his ecologist! There are — indictions — that he might want to play his Marines OR as a practical joker, and I hope that doesn't lead to "Bucky" McAdams leaving him behind on some planet.

Decay is inherent in all composite things.
Nod head. Get treat.
Agemegos is online now   Reply With Quote