View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 02:46 AM   #10
offsides

Default Re: Latest Ogrezine Release

Thank you all for the kind words. As a quick Author's Note, this whole thing started as a map-bashing exercise where I looked for a big city that would make an interesting map, and the 3 rivers part let me to the 3 AI concept. After all, we know that sentient Ogres have personalities, so why not Factory AIs? And if there were multiple factories in close proximity to each other, would they be allies, partners, or rivals? Or, what if they secretly hated each other? ... rubs hands together with an evil laugh :)

The Junkyard Dogre actually started as a separate idea around the same time, but I eventually folded it into the Pittsburgh concept because it fit well with the abandoned city/rogue AI vibe. So that's what led to the whole Pittsburgh idea, and it evolved over the past 7+ years from there (I have files dated early 2011, but they may not be the originals) . The fact that I got to leave Pittsburgh as a smoking radioactive ruin was just the icing on the cake! :P

Thanks (or should that be 'Tanks') to Steve for giving me an opportunity to play in his sandbox, and to both Steve and Drew for helping me polish up the article!
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote