View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 05:02 AM   #16
Tim Kauffman

Default Re: Making Maps: Showing off and getting help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Representing mountains with craters just feels wrong.

On the other hand, I'm actually unsure what part of the mountains will stop tanks. some parts are sheer cliffs, while others are merely steep slopes. Can a tank go up a 60 degree incline? how steep is too steep?
I agree using Craters to represent mountains ruins the aesthetic of a map. They also take up an entire hex, which if they were Ridge like terrain would not. That alone greatly alters a Maps layout. In some areas you would want hex sized Mountains in others Ridge sized. Even if it's only a cosmetic difference, having terrain that looked like mountain ridge terrain would be worth introducing to the game.

I'd like to see a Mountain represented as a darker colored Ridge terrain already in the game and have it declared as impassible terrain to everything.

This especially got my attention even though I've been hoping to see mountain terrain for a long time with the debut of OGRE on STEAM especially when using the Scenario Creator. A Mountain terrain that is impassible to all units would be a great addition to the game.

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 02-12-2018 at 05:05 AM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote