View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 01:37 PM   #21
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: What to do with INF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
For the guys who are doing the 'permanent attachment / extra bases for making change' thing: What led you to decide on the breakdown you did?

I see Mack_JB's at 9-5-5, ColBosch is at 7-7-7...I'm trying to get a feel for what to do with my own figures, but don't have decades of gleefully squishing INF beneath my treads to really have a feel for what makes a good breakdown...how many 3/1s is too many compared to the rest of the units in a Set 1, how many to realistically keep on hand for making change, etc...so I figured I'd try to pick the community's collective brains.
9-5-5 is probably where I'd go, too. In normal gameplay, you will tend to try and keep 3-INF groupings as much as possible because of the D3, especially playing Green map games. There's an argument for 2-INF groupings playing basic Ogre games, that I'm sure Henry will be happy to enlighten us with again soon enough; but even with that case of Ogre strength to INF D statistics, you are most often going to be moving around 3-INF because it's just easier to manage.

You almost never see 1-INF wandering around by itself, they are strictly for making change, and don't forget that 2-INF + 1-INF = 3-INF, or 1-INF + 1-INF = 2-INF, so you still have other options if things get thin.

The _real_ question is how many Marines, Combat Engineers, et al are you going to have to go along with your standard INF? ;-)