View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 10:13 PM   #31
Hide

Default Re: I think GURPS needs a logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
I find your ideas cliched. The logo should be a heroic image of Dr Kromm fighting a horde of blueberry muffins on an infinite flat plane with a Lakota katana. Or something. And give him ice-skates and a cabaret costume. But seriously, I think using dice in a logo doesn't really differentiate from a dozen other brands. And the muffins are psychic.
AFIK, It's got to be him, dueling cats at tango ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ (just kidding).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjard View Post
Nah, this is a nice muted yellow... compared to the yellow background of the chat where I was first a moderator.
I like the yellow theme. It's a golden pyramid-esque color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
I don't think we can post images here (can we??), so I horked up my hexagon-based idea onto my site.

For the curious and bored: http://www.gamesdiner.com/2018/10/un...ess-gurps-logo

In short, it's a die showing three faces: the textual GURPS logo, the monocular pyramid, and the four-spotted face of a die (representing 4E). For the lulz.

(Graphic designers: Upon viewing, feel free to weep at my travesty of your craft.)
I suggest the dice should present 3 "ones" (a critical success), just as the 20 is its "equivalent" in D20 context.

Edit: On second tought, it could be the one-eyed-pyramid made with 3d6 sorted like this.

- Hide

Last edited by Hide; 10-10-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote