View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 08:45 PM   #6
Deimos

Default Re: Heavy Weapons, once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
Plus the fewer fiddly exceptions the better.
I'm not normally enamored with non-cannon rules/units, but I think I could see myself giving this variation some serious thought and play-testing, with the very limited opportunity that I have to play.

In keeping with the above quote, I'd say make the A1 R4 D1 M2 HWT a straight swap with the standard, giving up a 3x one-shot attack (baring a reload) for a long range standard one, keeping all the rules lined out in 3.02.2 and 3.02.4 the same except for the inherent attack vs. one-shot and reloading parts.

Saying that they're armed with a high ROF small bore explosive/missile weapon system vs. a very large bore one-shot one makes this easy. It'd be similar to arming a modern infantry squad with a MK-47 automatic grenade launcher vs. a AT-4C Spigot C, roughly speaking.

This would keep them in the rare category, unless a scenario REALLY has more inf points than you know what to do with. A single one won't be much more than a nuisance to anything with a D2 and completely useless against D3+, but 2 or 3 in a critical spot could open up the opportunity to explore some interesting tactics on both defending with and assaulting said spot.