View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 11:34 AM   #40
Rasputin

Default Re: GURPS DF / DFRPG Random Dungeon Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuljita View Post
Do you have any suggestions on how that could be output in a useful way?
I'm going over the Jennell Jaquays classics, Dark Tower and Caverns of Thracia, since she was a master at these things (and dungeon maps in general).

Dark Tower, level 1, page 29: The elevation change from the hallway to room 44 would not be hard to implement, likewise from room 21 to 22 and room 19 to 18. The additional stuff from room 44 to room 45 would be tough since it crosses over another tunnel; room 46 is just hanging over room 22.

Caverns of Thracia, level 1, page 22: the hallway between room 27B and the sublevel of rooms 16-26 is wholly possible, and even has direction helpfully marked (likewise for the stairs). Likewise, the hallway that makes up the phantom room 8 (on the map, not in the key) has a clear marking that it's going down.

Caverns of Thracia, level 2, page 32 (for my money, the greatest dungeon level ever drawn): I would think the change south of room 48 is doable, as is the one north of room 40A. I'm not going to touch the sub-levels other than the room 53A-J one, which has changes between room 53 proper and 53A, 41B and 53H, and 53B and 53C.

Caverns of Thracia, level 4, page 75: North of room 103, and between room 86 and 116.

Search for those.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote