View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 10:58 AM   #508
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Let's say for arguments sake we decided to just end this all in a really big fight (or possibly a series of big fights). Shoot whoever resists and imprison everyone who surrenders (I think it's more likely we brainwash at least some of them). Roughly speaking, who would we need to eliminate? My estimate is:
-> All three security shifts
-> The officers
-> Maybe some would-be heroes in the other sections

So maybe 200-300 people? After putting down all resistance, we'd have run of the ship and could signal pick-up from the Jakorbi?
The three security shifts is 90 people: half of that section are part of morale. These are people like doctors, quarter masters, and other low-ranking but trusted positions.
There are 33 officers. 10 three man teams heading up the sections, plus the captain and mates.
The would be heroes are harder to calculate. The real question is how those people would fight if all of their weapons have been disabled. They won't have access to proper weapons until after the alarm has been sounded.

That's ~125 people who are armed, plus random acts that won't be armed, but could still accomplish things through sabotage.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote