View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 06:27 AM   #17
Bithlord

Default Re: Rarity level of cards and distrubution thereof

Quote:
Originally Posted by sain9510 View Post
So My guess is every booster gets 7C, 3U, 1R, and 1Random (C,U,R,V,X,W). Again, I only have my single box to go off of, but it seems that the Random slot is geared more towards X, V, and W. But hopefully someone will start a spreadsheet and the numbers can be crunched soon!!
Thanks! This is the type of breakdown I would love to see from the official source. In an ideal world, we'd see something like the following:

Every booster has 7C, 3U and 1R/V/X/W, and a flex slot. The flex slot is randomly filled with all rarities, meaning packs can include 8 commons, 4 uncommon or 2 Rare or betters. The V rarity occurs in approximately 1 out of every __ rare slots, the W rarity occurs in approximately 1 out of every __ rare slots, and the X rarity occurs a variable amount, with non-alt art X rares occurring approximately 1 out of every __ rare slots.

Can fans put together spreadshets to try and figure this information out? Sure, I guess. But it is literally information that SJG has, and could *easily* give out. I don't see any benefit to them in hiding it, but apparently they think there's some benefit to obscuring rarities and pinky promising that its not a bad thing.
Bithlord is offline   Reply With Quote