View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 03:32 PM   #103
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

re: Spidey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery
A pretty conservative build, for the most part. I'd probably tweak the attribute levels a bit (ST and IQ down, DX and HT up), but no big deal (and it is your vision, anyway). It's a shame you didn't decide to include a higher Speed (always one of the things I look for on write-ups of him). The Binding looks weak, but I noticed you kept Bobby's low also, so I assume it is a campaign level decision. Dunno about the Create... what is it supposed to model? Good call on the ETS. It's not something I would have thought of, but it makes a good fit. The Super Jump looks kinda high: By my calculations it comes out to about an 85' high jump and a 352' standing broad jump (or double those, for running jumps). If that's the level you want (or even if you want to change it), the optional Jumping rules from Basic p352 make sense for someone (like Spider-Man) who has a very high BL to body weight ratio. Those rules would give him the nearly the equivalent of SJ 2, before buying any actual levels of that advantage. The Quirk fits, of course... did you think about using a form of Rapier Wit for it?
The ST appears to be high, true, but he's able to bench-press 10 tons. Also, note that the ST can be negated, dropping him back down to ST 10 using power dampers.

The Create is his ability to shoot his webs; it seemed to be the best way to model the generic web-casting ability. The Binding being low represents only the first "layer"; Peter and Bobby do have a tendency to pile on more than one layer at a time.

What level SJ do you recommend for him? (Using both the standard and optional rules so I can compare?)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote