View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 11:56 AM   #56
JLV

Default Re: Decks of Destiny - Late April

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
The Decks of Destiny box set includes various packs of cards/accessories. After our experience with the Legacy Edition last year, we've made arrangements to offer many of these packs as separate add-on items. This way you can grab extras of the components that you expect to use the most.

* Player's Pack - unaffected by project stretch goals. Includes the option cards, two dry erase character cards, a dry erase marker, and a 16-page character journal.

* Rumors & Treasures - a buncha cards and two journals. Some of the stretch goals add more cards and pages to the journals.

* Adversaries - a whole lotta cards! Some of the stretch goals add more cards.

* Labyrinths - 62 cards and a journal to record your adventures (or to plan adventures!).

* megahexes - six new sheets of megahex tiles. Some stretch goals add more sheets. These are illustrated on one side and blank on the other.

And there are more accessories packed inside the larger I Want All The Newness reward level, including at least one new playmat. And after response to the two color choices, we're going to make both color options available: If you select this reward level, you'll choose one of the two color designs in BackerKit. (Of course, both will be add-ons for those of you who want more playmats.)

We're still planning to launch the project before the end of this month. (But not on the weekend. And likely not on Tuesday, since we have a distributor show to fly out to on that day.)

We hope to see many of you join us when the Kickstarter campaign goes live!
Say, Phil, I saw your "props" over on the Facebook page. And I made a suggestion that you guys consider offering such things as stretch goals in future TFT Kickstarters... Props are an "undiscovered country" for some reason in Fantasy RPGs (though they are widely used in games like Call of Cthulhu -- to the point where sculptors make props such as busts or "keys" or other tangible things for use in that game), despite the fact that EGG tried to do that sort of thing in products like Tomb of Horrors and Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. I'm hoping you all will sit down and discuss that as a possibility -- things like your Wanted Posters (or the menus you mentioned) or old tattered maps or cryptic clues done up on parchment would be a very nice add-on to many adventures and rumor compilations!
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote