View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 05:03 AM   #765
JLV

Default Re: TFT or Dungeon Fantasy. False dichotomy.

Erm, it seems you cut off part of that last sentence -- which maybe helps your argument, but fails to tell the whole story. To wit:

Quote:
The current market doesn't leave room for a game like this to succeed, and it's a great thing that we cut our planned print run by 30% or we would be stuck with copies for years to come.
...Which tells a slightly different tale than the one you're telling. What it tells me is that they anticipated a low level of sales, cut production accordingly, and have now just about sold the number they expected to sell; otherwise they would have had excess stock on hand "for years to come."

That sounds to me like a well-honed staff seeing what the situation is, and responding quickly to prevent losses to the company. Put another way, it didn't look like it was going to do well, and they cut their investment.

We have no way of knowing what the underlying problem is here -- there's insufficient data in the report to make meaningful comments as to the whys and wherefores; but, based on the FULL text of the quote, it seems to me that Rick actually summed the situation up quite accurately given the information provided.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote