View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 10:50 PM   #763
JLV

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip

Well, all I can say is I'm glad you're not on SJG's team! ;-) That kind of negativity isn't what I want to hear at this stage of the production cycle. Fiscal realities may rear their ugly head as we go down this path, but what I'm trying to do is throw out ideas and what I perceive as opportunities. Put another way, the way I see it, we're still in the "brainstorming" part of this process, and not yet at the "good idea cut-off point." When we reach that, I expect Steve will let us know.

As for an Arena game, and that's the end of it, that's not what I want, or am hoping for AT ALL for TFT. I'm hoping it gets a snazzy update, some additional content, and that it looks the way Steve Jackson originally envisioned it looking when it was FIRST published, not some "battledroids" kind of thing... In other words, I'm hoping for a full-up, fleshed-out, jacked-up, fun and enjoyable fantasy roleplaying game.

While Melee and Wizard are arguably the kind of Arena games you want, I expect TFT:ITL to be a whole lot more -- just as I did back in 1980 when it was originally being talked up by Metagaming. What you seem to be suggesting here is actually a huge step backwards from what we already have...

Of course I may be completely misunderstanding your point here, and if so, I apologize...
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote