View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 10:26 AM   #6
PK

Default Re: [Thaumatology] Sorcery] Enchantment rules and permanent potions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalminos View Post
It said all permanent elixers are made to last one minute instead of permanently
No. It says that all indefinite-duration spells last for a minute as an elixir. That's because there's no one pumping FP into the spell to keep it afloat.

Quote:
I would have liked to be able to have permanent enchantments in general, rather than the 1 fp per hour 'usually on' sort of things- where else do I get my +1 plate cuirasses?
(A) The Under the Hood box explains why sorcerous enchantment isn't usually applied directly to armor, but has alternate rules if you wish to change this. (B) If you do make that change, it won't hurt anything to apply the third Weapon Buff option to any armor enchantments.

Quote:
As for the potions, what would be a good way to brew a potion to become immortal and not have the unaging go away after 1 minute?
For effects which are truly permanent, the fairest answer is to have an EP multiplier of 1.0 (that is, the potion's EP cost is the spell's Full Cost). I didn't go into this because very few potions are intended to have permanent effects other than those from specific spells such as Lich.

Quote:
Also this is slightly less related, but does the sorcery book also ban creating spells with an FP cost greater than one? It seems like it does but I might be misreading.
It strongly discourages it. Spells are supposed to be limited by Full Cost, not FP cost. If the GM wants to make the occasional 2-FP or 3-FP spell, that's fine, but trying to "balance" spell effectiveness with FP cost runs counter to the whole idea of sorcery.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote